Tuesday 15 September 2015

Sow in Tears


“Those who sow in tears will reap in joy.” 

The Word is the infallible truth. 

Have you experienced a time when you just couldn’t figure life out and things seemed to be going from bad to worse?  Yes, it happens to all of us at some time or another; and we need to do all we can to fix the problem, but in some situations, there isn’t a lot we can do except to cry out to God and ask Him for help.  Perhaps we need to put the situation on the altar – “Here God, I give it to you.  I can’t do anymore.”  Just watch what He does.  He loves it when we put our trust in Him.  It’s saying, "I can’t but you can". 

Can’t you see the golden harvest – sheaves – the blessing, the fulfilment of hard work, and the resulting joy? 

……………………………………………………........……..o0o……………………………………………………………………..

 
Joy unspeakable and full of glory – that’s the believer’s lot – we can have this if we choose. 

Jesus has promised to leave us his peace – “When you draw near to me, I will draw near to you”. 

When you spend time with the Lord, all the cares and worries of this world will fade away – and the peace of God which passes all understanding will flood your inner being.

I’m not talking about being religious– “thou shalt read the Bible for one hour a day and pray for two”.  No, when you’re walking down the street, whisper a prayer; “thanks for today Lord, may I be a blessing to someone.  Be with my family, keep them safe and bless them”.  You will find you will want to spend more time with Jesus because He loves you and you will feel that love. 

He says in the Word that He didn’t come to condemn the world but to save it. And He said “if I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto myself.”  We just need to be willing to come.

Isaiah 61: 1

“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound.”

No comments:

Post a Comment